Estranged students will be eligible for the Care Leaver and Estranged student bursary which is £1,000 per year. As long as they have independent status with Student Finance they will also be eligible for the King’s Living Bursary which is £1, 600 per year. There are also hardship funds if students require additional financial support.


King’s College London works with UNITE in offering accommodation scholarships for estranged students. We also offer year round accommodation and estranged students are prioritised on our subsidised accommodation schemes.

Mental Health

King’s College London has a Specialist Student Advisor for estranged students who can help with ongoing support and advocates for students across the university. As well as the Counselling Service we also have Wellbeing Coaches who provide a free coaching service. We also offer a buddy scheme where new students are paired with a current undergraduate student for their first term.


King’s College London has a designated Widening Participation Officer who can help estranged students with their application to university. We can also offer specialist advice on making your Student Finance application as an estranged or independent student. Students from these backgrounds are also prioritised on all of our Widening Participation programmes.

Download Pledge Letter


Our Funders



Our Supporters

UF logo 2


AMOSSHE 2014 logo white   

Who We Are

Stand Alone
34B York Way
London N1 9AB

Registered Charity Number 1154710

© Stand Alone 2013 - 2016